The goal of health promotion and disease prevention programs is to keep people healthy.
Health promotion campaigns engage and empower individuals and communities to choose healthy behaviors and make changes in their lives that can reduce the risk of infectious and lifestyle diseases.
At the heart of these campaigns is the appreciation that there are economic, social, cultural and political conditions that exacerbate inequalities in healthcare access and delivery.
We use new media — internet and social media platforms — to implement:
- Communication Programs that raise awareness about healthy behaviors
- Education Programs that empower people with the knowledge needed for behavior change
- Policy Advocacy Programs to champion systematic changes in the society that encourage, increase access to, and enable people to make healthy choices.
Sisi Afrika Magazine publishes articles covering contemporary medical and health issues in the society, in its Science & Technology periodicals.
Sisi Afrika Podcast broadcasts Communication and Education Campaigns featuring conversations with experts and professionals on:
- COVID-19 and other Respiratory Diseases
- HIV/AIDS & Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR)
- Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE)
- Gender Based Violence (GBV)
- Mental Health
- Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs)
- Substance Abuse and Addictions
- Nutrition and Wellness
These text and audiovisual productions are amplified through short video and live streaming on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.